These funding opportunities are available to investigators at VIICTR institutions who are seeking research support. Investigators may also visit websites of professional societies and associations to learn additional funding opportunities.
The BCM Office of Research Intramural Funding Listserv posts announcements for limited submission and internal award opportunities. BCM faculty and staff may sign up to receive email updates from this listserv by emailing email@example.com. General information and a list of current award opportunities can be found on the BCM intranet, Office of Research Intramural Funding and Research Awards page.
Pilot/Seed Funding Opportunities
Pilot/seed funds are generally awarded to early stage researchers who need support to initiate clinical or translational research. The funds are typically available to faculty at a specific institution; therefore, please refer to the eligibility requirements.
- Alkek Award for Pilot Projects in Experimental Therapeutics (BCM)
- Baylor-UTHouston Center for AIDS Research (CFAR) Development Funds (BCM-University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston)
- Baylor College of Medicine Seed Funding Program (BCM)
- Bridge to Independence Program (BCM)
- Cardiovascular Research Institute (CVRI) Pilot Awards (BCM)
- Chao Physician-Scientist Award (BCM)
- CIBR Center Seed Grant Awards (BCM)
- Department of Pediatrics Pilot Awards (BCM)
- Diabetes Research Center Pilot and Feasibility Program (BCM)
- Gulf Coast Consortia Seed Grant Programs (GCC)
- Globalization Demonstration Projects (BCM)
- Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities Research Center (IDDRC) New Project Development Award (BCM)
- Mrs. Clifford Elder White Graham Endowed Research Fund (BCM)
- National Space Biomedical Research Institute's (NSBRI) Postdoctoral Fellowship Program
- Texas Medical Center Digestive Diseases Center (BCM)
- The Nancy Chang, Ph.D. Award for Research Excellence (BCM)
National Institutes of Health (NIH) Investigator/Grantee Resources
- Weekly NIH Funding Opportunities and Notices
- NIH Grants Identification Numbering System Explanation
- R-Series Research Grants (e.g., R01, R03, R21)
- P-Series Program Project and Center Grants (e.g., P01, P30, P50)
- F-Awards Individual Fellowships
- T-Awards Institutional Training Grants
- NIH Deadlines
- Grant Application Basics
- Data Sharing Policy
- Getting Started with the NIH
- Grant Writing Tips
- Model Organism Sharing Policy
- Resources for New Investigators
- Tips for New NIH Applicants
- MEDVAMC - BCM Dual Appointments of Investigators - (Site for Investigators with dual appointments who are considering NIH funding)
Open NIH grant opportunities are listed below, with the most recent postings at the top. You can search these funding opportunities by using keywords or search terms.
K-Kiosk - NIH Career Development Awards
Individuals with a research doctorate, who have accepted or are ready for a faculty position are appropriate candidates for NIH Career Development Awards (K01, K02, K05, K07, K18, K22, K25, and K26).
Individuals with a health professional doctorate, who have completed clinical training or accepted a faculty position, are appropriate candidates for NIH Career Development Awards (K07, K08, K12, K18, K23, K24, K25, and K26).
View all available K-Kiosk Career Development Awards.
Institution Specific Funding Opportunities
University of Houston College of Pharmacy
The University of Houston provides internal awards to support the development of research within the university through the Excellence in Research and Scholarship Program, the New Faculty Research Program, the Small Grants Program, and the Grants to Enhance and Advance Research Program (GEAR). The Division of Research has prepared guidelines for the preparation of proposals requesting funding to develop new Core Facilities and enhance existing Core Facilities to advance the research infrastructure at UH. Core Facilities are defined as major research instrumentation, laboratories, or facilities that will be used by a broad group of researchers within and outside UH. Click here for more information.
Links to External Funding Sources
Federal, State and Local Government Sources
- NIH - National Institutes of Health
- NSF - National Science Foundation
- DOD - Department of Defense
- DOD CDMRP - Department of Defense Congressionally Directed Medical Research Programs
- NASA - National Aeronautics and Space Administration
- EPA - Environmental Protection Agency
- CDC - Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- DOED - Department of Education
- DHHS - Department of Health and Human Services
- DOE - Department of Energy
- PCORI - The Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute
- CPRIT - Cancer Prevention and Research Institute of Texas
- Gulf Coast Consortia for Quantitative Biomedical Sciences
- Burroughs Wellcome Fund
- The Dana Foundation
- The Whitaker Foundation
- Alfred P. Sloan Foundation
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- The PhRMA Foundation: Translational Medicine and Therapeutics